Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Thursday, May 5, 2011

We Can't Be Stupid Enough To Give This Monumental Idiot A Majority, Can We?


Obviously this blog isn't going to win me any friends in Calgary Southwest. Or a seat in the Senate. At least not under the jackbooted regime of the current tyrant still occupying 24 Sussex.

For the record, in case it's not obvious, I'm annoyed.

No, wait, annoyed isn't quite sufficient.

I'm disgusted.

And infuriated.

The election's over, and the Conservatives now have a majority of seats in Parliament. For the next four years, they've got potentially free rein to gleefully go about tearing down the institutions of this country, gutting the very concept of this nation on the altar of their neo-conservative policies, and continue to obliterate the good name this country had on the international stage for decades.


Decades, incidentally, are how long it'll take to repair the damage these pricks are going to do for the next four years.

So annoyed, disgusted, and infuriated aren't sufficient, but they'll have to do.

A government that was not only found in contempt in Parliament with their secretive, power hungry, obstructionist, partisan tactics, but is also in contempt of anyone who doesn't think exactly like they do, is now in majority control of Parliament. A schoolyard thug, his inner cabal of flying monkeys and knuckledragging neanderthals, and their pals are running the show.

 At least they've got a stronger opposition in  the NDP, albeit one that's pretty much the polar opposite of everything they stand for.

It's going to be a loooooooong four years....


12 comments:

  1. I get the distinct feeling you don't like Emperor Palpatine--I mean PM Harper.

    As for stupidity, it seems to be an epidemic....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to Herr Harperfuhrer, Palpatine is a fun, nice guy.

    Well, we can't make fun of the Americans for voting Dubya in twice now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you can share our national shame.

    Harper must be bad if he makes Palpatine look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the one of Iggy wrapped up like a mummy, but his eyebrows that are a mile long show through the bandages...LOL

    You know, I'm as disgusted as you are! I can't believe that my very own riding voted that cow (Bev Oda) back in, even after all her lies and deceit...

    What is wrong with these people...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you have posted the best although sad ? political cartoons.

    I am a firm believer of the "none of above" slot.

    and for every one who disparages Bush (I am a registered democrat) I have got to tell you I am so upset with what Obama is doing/not done and his deal with the devil Nancy Pelosi and her army of goose stepping minions ...
    But this is about your politics and your time to pull your hair out by the roots !

    Hard times ahead for us all.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beth: only forty percent of the voters actually voted for the jackbooted thug, so...

    @Parsnip: well, since my head's shaved, I don't have any hair to pull out by the root.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got two favourites out of all of the above: Iggy on the Liberal Election plank, and the Attack Ads Inc. yacht....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh... I hear ya! The saddest part is that we had the lowest turnout in history for voting and if those people who sat on their duffs protesting got up and voted perhaps this wouldn't have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty good cartoons. I favor the Popeye one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's going to be a long four years....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have found that collective idiocy knows no boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know much about Canadian politicians, but this is all pretty much exactly the same stuff I said about the election of President Obama, so I'm frightened on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.