Faith Can Move Mountains... But Dynamite Works Better

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Once again, I'm doing a Six Sentence Sunday, selecting six sentences (well, six selections, I'm cheating a bit here with two sentences in one setting...) from my work in progress, Heaven & Hell.

Golan Heights
As he worked, issuing the orders and listening to information coming from staff, he wondered yet again why he hadn’t become a doctor, or a lawyer. If I had, I wouldn’t be spending my time right now counting down how long it’ll be before the damned Syrians decide to come across that border.

Within moments, the two aircraft were up in the air, the lights of Athens sparkling below. A beautiful sight, he thought, holding her hand.

Claire shook her head in annoyance, though her expression indicated that she knew it was a losing battle to get him to leave the tie on.

He might be an idiot, but at least he recognizes trouble when he sees it.


And beneath the city, in the darkness, the bomb waited to detonate.


“I wasn’t aware you two were exhibitionists,” she called out. “Or are we supposed to be voyeurs?”

The Acropolis, Athens



6 comments:

  1. All the lines make me want to read your novel, but the one that would make me buy the book, not just for me but for everyone I know is, "He might be an idiot..." It's the 'at least he recognizes trouble when he sees it.' Right off I asked 'what trouble?'
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is my favorite. But then, that probably does not come as a surprise....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I like how you personified the bomb. Excellent sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the "he might be an idiot, but at lest he recognizes trouble when he see it"
    I can relate !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Comments and opinions always welcome. If you're a spammer, your messages aren't going to last long here, even if they do make it past the spam filters. Keep it up with the spam, and I'll send Dick Cheney after you.